Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Web 2.0- Glogster


I did my Web 2.0 project on Glogster. I enjoyed getting to learn about it. I wish it was under different circumstances because it can be a very time consuming thing and I had 1,000 other things going on, but it IS awesome. Working with someone else was infinitely easier using the Wiki. We were both able to put our ideas on there and communicate through that medium. It made it easy to work together without having to compare schedules and meet up.

Glogster is an interactive online poster board. Teachers can use it to assign homework or projects. I love the idea of using it for a book report the most. Anything on your Glog can be made into a link to anything of your choosing. Students can link to each others Glogs or back to their teachers Glog. I really think that Glogster is a good way to help students stay engaged in school. If technology is their world, it only makes sense to incorporate it into their school work.

As a future special educator, I think Glogster is awesome for students that use technology for communication. Some students cannot use scissors and glue for a project but this allows them to be creative and show off what they can do. It gives students work more personality.

I think Glogster assignments will be used in my classroom in the future for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment