Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Interactive White Board Activity

At first this assignment was SO intimidating. I really had no idea what in the world I was going to do. As I worked on it though, it became not only clear what direction I was going in, but also it became addicting. It was so much fun to create this lesson. Activinspire has so many ways to create activities that will allow your students to interact with the lesson. I used changing the color background to reveal answers, magic ink and the magnifying glass, and erasing to reveal the answers in my lesson. The magnifying glass was the trickiest aspect for someone as technologically-challenged as I am to figure out. Thank goodness Promethean Planet has a really basic walk-through instruction format for it. I know that we will probably not ever have to create our own IWB activities from scratch in our careers, but I kind of want to anyway. It was fun to see how you can take 10 pages from a textbook and incorporate them in a technology lesson however you want. 

Like always, I look at this from an adaptive and modified perspective also. I think that smart boards are so wonderful for students with disabilities. A student can sometimes use their hand instead of the stylus is fine motor control is a problem for him or her. I also think that you could take one concept and make different pages with different modifications to that concept for various students. The smart boards are a good way to make information available and appropriate for more of your students especially those with disabilities. I like how you can add sound if your student is visually impaired, or you can eliminate clutter and distractions if you have a student with a learning disability. I started out kind of questioning the real use of a smart board in a classroom. I thought it was just another unnecessary technology but through this lesson I have decided that I really, really love them.  


1 comment:

  1. Nice reflection! Glad you had fun with it...but mostly glad you found it to be a useful tool for the classroom!

    ReplyDelete